Monday, June 26, 2006

July: From the Pastor's Pen (by Rev. Lynn McClure)

From the July Newsletter, Pastor Lynn's first article "From the Pastor's Pen"

My first days in Waldron have been a wonderful whirlwind of activity even before I preached my first sermon. But, hopefully, I have been able to convey without words my love of the Lord and my joy in being here in Waldron with all of you. St. Francis of Assisi is attributed with the thought, "Preach the Gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words."

So far I have been privileged to witness and benefit from a jubilant gospel parade of people called Waldron United Methodist Church. A group of many willing people helped us move our "stuff" into the parsonage and to my church study. Thank you ever so much!! We have met so many smiling people, already we feel extremely welcomed and blessed. Watching you all work together for the Arkansas Conference Youth Choir visit, the Relay for Life and Vacation Bible School. I see a church alive! Keep up the good work in Christ's name and thank you once again.

In the June newsletter, Nathan laid out before the church some things to keep in mind as we live as Christ's Church. I believe this provides us witha good solid basis in which we begin our ministry together as pastor and congregation. I am thankful for Nathan's ministry with you this year and feel privileged to be his successor. I look forward to serving with you.

As we move into this new phase together, I pray we will do what God is blessing and that we have a long and fruitful ministry together.

Grace & Peace
Pastor Lynn

P.S. We wish Nathan and Lara a very Happy Anniversary. From your friends at Waldron United Methodist Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home